The mission of the WHS Alumni Association is to embody a sense of pride and appreciation of traditions of Williamson High School, inclusive of both past and most recent alumni, along with the current student population, faculty and staff of our beloved WHS and the faithful Maysville Community, as well as with local and industrious business partners.
The WHS Alumni Association preserves a shared spirit and culture among present and future alumni. The wide-ranging and diverse network of communication insures the unique ideas, long-lasting loyalty and perpetual camaraderie of the Williamson High School Family.
STATEMENT OF PURPOSE
The Williamson High School Alumni Association was organized to provide the means whereby alumni may continue the friendships developed while at Williamson High School and to provide services and improvements for the school. The Association shall operate exclusively for charitable, educational and goodwill purposes.
The WHS Alumni Association strives to develop professional relationships with Williamson High School and its alumni and seek to accomplish the following goals:
- To develop a comprehensive database of all alumni
- To develop a website with an online newsletter regarding significant events in the lives of alumni and the present WHS Community
- To assist with the planning and organization of reunions
- To organize regional and local social events for fundraising purposes
- To coordinate nominations for the ”Athletic Hall of Fame” and the “Distinguished Alumni Hall of Excellence”
- To develop an historic archive for Williamson High School, including a collection of memorabilia
- To provide undergraduate scholarships
- To provide an online resource for career job placement and internships for current and future WHS Alumni